INFORMATION FOR PATIENTS WISHING TO UNDERTAKE PRIVATE CONSULTATIONS OR TREATMENTS
All referrals are made after consultation with the general practitioner. In accordance with guidelines issued by The Department of Health, the following information is for those patients who elect to use Private Medical Services:-
- It is the responsibility of the patient to make their own appointment. This is done by telephoning the relevant hospital*. Please inform your doctor’s secretary as soon as you know when your appointment will be so that a letter can be prepared. Please note that unless the appointment is urgent, it is not always possible to produce a letter at very short notice.
- All referral letters are for collection from the front desk of the Calcot Medical Centre. Please make sure you arrange to pick up the letter to take with you to your appointment, as it contains important information for the specialist.
- Please note that if a consultant subsequently initiates treatment or provides a private prescription, it is not possible to transfer this to an NHS prescription. However, if medication is to continue and your GP takes over the monitoring of your condition, then an NHS prescription may be appropriate.
- Prior to any surgical procedure, your consultant is responsible for arranging MRSA screening and any treatment as appropriate.
- Following any private surgical procedure your consultant is responsible for arranging suture removal, dressings and any complications including infections.
- Any blood tests requested by your Consultant will need to be organised by him/her and carried out on a private basis.
- Private Medical Insurance Companies usually require completion of a form to process a claim. Please note that General Practitioners make a charge for this service in accordance with the British Medical Association Guidelines.
- If you have any queries regarding receiving private care, please ask you doctor, your doctor’s secretary or the Practice Manager.
|*||Chiltern Hospital||01494 890890|
|Shelburne Hospital||01494 890890|
|Paddocks Clinic||01494 890890|
|Spire Thames Valley Hospital||01753 662241|
|South Lodge Consulting||01753 516611 or 516852|
|Princess Christian Hospital||01753 853121|
|Princess Margaret Hospital||01753 743434|
|Bridge Clinic||01628 760900|
|Berkshire Hand Surgery||01753 665463|